Author Topic: Worst Cartoons of All Time (1930's to the present)  (Read 146108 times)

Offline Woops

• View Profile
Re: Worst Cartoons of All Time (1930's to the present)
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2008, 03:49:01 AM »
Just watched "Jetsons: The Movie" on tv and it's pretty much like an extended episode and isn't that good of a film.

"Tom & Jerry The Movie" would have to be the worst animated film of all time next to the Aqua Teen Hunger Force fiasco.

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2009, 10:01:14 AM »
"Troll In Central Park"... overly annoying characters (also grating voice overs) and doubt would appeal to anybody over 5

Also can't believe it's 10 years since a certain cartoon seasponge made it's first debut.

Offline Out of the Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 12:06:52 AM »
Also can't believe it's 10 years since a certain cartoon seasponge made it's first debut.

It's been that long? 

I wonder whatever happened to "Rocko's Modern Life?"  Some of those were really funny.

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2009, 07:38:01 AM »
I also liked "Rocko's Modern Life", which I have a video featuring several episodes including where Rocko bought a vaccum (sp) that literally sucks everything in it's path.

Yes, "SpongeBob" made it's first debut in 1999.

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2009, 05:31:49 PM »
Saw Columbia's "Little Match Girl" on YouTube, which if often praised by many vintage animation buffs and critics (including Jerry Beck & Leonard Maltin) and even nominated for an Oscar in 1937 for best animated short (lost to the visually stunning, but  overrated "The Old Mill" from Disney)...

Ironically, Disney did a   version of the Hans Christian Anderson story several years ago that's well animated and quite better (also unaltered, which the Disney company actually tweeked with  many fairy tales). The Columbia version was a bit boring & the title character looked too typical for the 1930's (ie rosey cheeks, huge eyes).

« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 06:28:05 PM by Woops »

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2009, 12:39:00 PM »
"Hornswiggle", created by animation historian Jerry Beck

Beck is a respected author, animation historian, and does informative commentary on various DVDs (ie "Looney Tunes Golden Collection") DVDs, but  the cartoon was mediocre and the main character's annoying  and nothing was funny (Hornswiggle sitting on the bird made me chuckle and that's it).

Though he originally wanted to use Sidney the Elephant (Terrytoons character), but Viacom rejected.

Offline Out of the Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2009, 10:48:45 PM »
I remember Foghorn Leghorn used to say "I say I've been hornswaggled!"

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2009, 03:08:27 PM »
Gerald McBoing Boing... boring

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2009, 01:34:44 PM »
Since there was a Looney Tunes marathon on New Years, it would've been funny if Cartoon Network had aired the horrid "Loonatics: Unleashed" on April Fools.  :D

Though they did air "Cow & Chicken", which probably delighted many that liked that series about 12 years ago. It was OK, though pretty much a "Ren & Stimpy" rip off. Though not the best nor worst.

Adult Swim aired a bad live action film, which would fit in any cable network...

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2009, 04:56:28 PM »
The worst eras for animation...

There's been many clunkers in every era...

1970's... since there was too many "Scooby" clones (except 'Josie & The Pussycats') and bad cartoons based on sitcoms

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2009, 06:24:50 AM »
"Teacher's Pet: The Movie"

Though I was already "too old" when the cartoon first aired (ironically I was in my 'South Park'/'Family Guy' phase), I watched parts of the movie on tv out of boredom. It was about a dog who wanted to become human. Some parts creepy, tries too hard to be funny, and the animation was really ugly.

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2009, 04:14:37 AM »
Well, cartoons are drawings...

Only seen the covers since I don't want to waste three bucks for birdcage lining

"The Muppet Show" comic book

Honestly, I find the characters, which are actually drawings of the puppets, creepy!  :o

"Family Circus" probably would be the worst comic strip, though don't read newspaper comics anymore.

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2009, 10:20:42 AM »
"Calvacade of Cartoon Comedy"

Though sounds more a cartoon block, it's actually animated shorts from Seth McFarlane that are are hit or miss (mostly miss like the Mario parody, frog prince) since it relies on shock factor and tries too hard.

The "TV Funhouse" bits  from SNL were much better, IMHO.

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2009, 02:55:42 PM »
First, Little Lulu gets a makeover for a Brazil comic (which looks nothing like the original character) and then there's a rumor of a new Looney Tunes tv show  (couldn't the cartoons air on tv again instead...though thankfully the show's not confirmed)...