Author Topic: Worst Cartoons of All Time (1930's to the present)  (Read 135119 times)

Offline Woops

• View Profile
Re: Worst Cartoons of All Time (1930's to the present)
« Reply #210 on: May 08, 2014, 12:34:41 PM »
There's plans of another Flintstones movie, which will be produced by Will Ferrell and will be animated.

Well, at least Warner Bros. is doing something Hanna Barbera outside of Scooby Doo...

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 10, 2014, 12:31:58 AM »
Now there's talks of a live action "Dumbo" with one of the writers of the Transformers" films

seriously?  ::)

The original's a classic and should be left alone.

Just wrong...

note: image is fan art, not actual concept art

Offline Out of the Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 16, 2015, 12:09:14 AM »
The more I think about it cartoons are really in a dark age right now as are movies in general.  The main reason why I think is due to concessions to political correctness.  Now you can't say anything or do anything that's offensive to any group or sub group and it's taken the fun and spirit right out of things and that's why cartoons today just aren't funny.  When you aim to offend no one you end up appealing to no one.

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 16, 2015, 07:23:30 AM »
"Family Guy", "South Park", and most of the shows on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim block tend to be overly crass and constantly trying the push the envelope, though most aren't funny and rely more on shock value, which falls flat.

A clip of the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover, were Bart teaches "Family Guy" toddler Stewie to prank call Moe.

Offline Out of the Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 16, 2015, 11:43:33 PM »
Cartoons now seem to be nothing but smart mouth kids being disrespectful and insulting everybody that they come across.  That gets old really fast.  They manage to be obnoxious and not funny at the same time.

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 31, 2015, 02:28:07 AM »
"Star vs The Forces of Evil", basically "Kim Possible" meets "Sailor Moon" with a bad acid trip

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 31, 2015, 02:32:02 AM »
Now there's talks of a live action "Dumbo" with one of the writers of the Transformers" films

seriously?  ::)

Apparently, Tim Burton will direct it

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 15, 2015, 03:40:40 AM »
MTV2 is planning on bringing back another show, "Celebrity Deathmatch" for a third  round.

The show was hit or miss, which I'll admit I watched as a teen and still chuckle on a few clips though the revamped series from a decade ago flopped.

I don't follow the media as much, which I don't really know who's hot at the moment besides those overexposed and many only familiar by name. Plus, certain overexposed celebrity bashing have already been overdone to the point it's just as tiresome as the celebs themselves.

edited: changed "second round" to third considering it would be the third incarnation of the series

« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 05:07:07 AM by Woops »

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 05, 2015, 08:07:45 AM »

The designs of the current "Scooby Doo" series is cringe worthy, It's OK, though they're trying to hard to make Daphne funny by having her act "random."

I've read comments that  it looks like "Family Guy", though it slightly reminds me of the short lived '90's series "Million Hills"

Offline Out of the Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 05, 2015, 11:56:28 PM »
More often than not you just can't beat the original.

Back when I was in high school my nickname by some was "Shaggy."  That's because according to them I looked almost just like the character in the original cartoon.  If I had put on a green shirt and brown pants I would have looked just like him.

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 08, 2017, 05:25:03 AM »
"Bonkers", one of the clunkers from the Disney Afternoon that was a knockoff of Roger Rabbit and unlike the film, the human characters were cartoons as well. Even as a kid I knew that it was weird. Granted that the budget for a live action/animated series would be too much, the humans could've been drawn a bit more realistic such as the recent series "Archer"or even "King of the Hill"

I heard about "Snookums and Meat", a blantant "Ren & Stimpy" ripoff, which thankfully never watched.

While I grew up with "Tiny Toon Adventures", in retrospect it felt more like one of those kiddie versions (ie "Flintstone Kids", "Muppet Babies") despite that it had separate characters since they had similar traits as the iconic characters

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 12, 2017, 06:41:32 AM »
Recently got "Jetsons & WWE: Robo Wrestlemania", which was only 5 dollars and had 3 bonus episodes of the classic series.

It mainly focuses on the wrestlers, which is a bit understandable since the cartoon is semi-obscure, in contrast to "Scooby Doo" where's there's new DVD movies and series every few years. Coincidentally, the meddling kids did crossover with the WWE and was a typical Scooby Doo movie. Didn't see The Flintstones crossover, which from reviews and clips it's a remake of the episode where Fred had Barney to enter a boxing match to get money to get a present for his wife.

I've seen better and funnier cartoon wrestling matches with Bugs Bunny, Ren & Stimpy, and even that claymated show from MTV.

The movies basically a commercial for the WWE, which makes the wrestlers from the film as if they're widely popular today (ie Hulk Hogan and The Rock in the 1980's and 1990's) and even be  taught in school in the future (ie Judy stating that wrestlers are taught in History class)

Similar to modern "Simpsons" celebrity crossovers with everybody in Springfield going GaGa over a pop star or revolving around a program such as "Girls", the hipster from the show Homer dated when he and Marge considered on divorcing,  where only fans of the mentioned programs would understand the references.

There were some slight chuckles with George shutting off the camera phone in the middle of Spacely screaming "You're Fired" (don't think this happened in the original show, 80's revival, or '90's movie), Rosie's eyes glowing as tucking wrestler Big Show to bed, and one of the wrestlers getting airsick and others running off thinking he'd barf (he only burped).

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 12, 2017, 07:07:50 AM »
There's plans of another Flintstones movie, which will be produced by Will Ferrell and will be animated.

Well, at least Warner Bros. is doing something Hanna Barbera outside of Scooby Doo...

Not the WWE/Flintstones crossover.

The plan was probably scrapped along with the Seth McFarlane's attempt of a revival.

An interesting article on Hanna Barbera tv shows that never got off the ground or only made one episode from the MeTV Blog

"The Beach Girls" would be long outdated in 1977 with the '60's beach culture, Frankie Avalon, and the late '60's style bubblegum pop recycled from "Josie and the Pussycats" (since disco was popular) and probably would work a decade later when '60's nostalgia took effect with "Dirty Dancing" and "The Wonder Years" and original music. Then again there would be "Baywatch" and "VIP"...  ::)

It didn't list a 1970's attempt of a "Jetsons" spinoff with adult Judy as a reporter and a teenage Elroy, but ended up as a "Partridge Family" cartoon that took place in space.