Author Topic: We Could Be Together Box set speculation!  (Read 1535 times)

Offline Eric

• View Profile
Re: 2017 Box Set speculation!
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2017, 07:02:12 PM »
There are gonna be things missing obviously, there can't be otherwise !

Remember on her Facebook page, a recent video called "Been quietly doing my thang so you all can dance!…" ? Basically, it's her in a studio and we hear a piano song ... It's probably Pop Circus, also the dance track we hear is probably Dance Dance !
I might speak french but I'm not French ! - Je parle peut-être français mais je ne suis pas Français !

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2017, 07:09:41 PM »
Also, it's funny because ... We, as hardcore Debheads, have spent years of collecting, searching, finding, hoping, waiting and everything and we may cross the path of a new fan requesting how to get started on Deb and all and we'd be like : Well kid ... Get that box set, the Colored Lights CD, the 2 Memory Lane CD if you can find them and you're pretty much set up !!!!!
I might speak french but I'm not French ! - Je parle peut-être français mais je ne suis pas Français !

Offline ChrisB

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2017, 01:32:28 AM »
Also, it's funny because ... We, as hardcore Debheads, have spent years of collecting, searching, finding, hoping, waiting and everything and we may cross the path of a new fan requesting how to get started on Deb and all and we'd be like : Well kid ... Get that box set, the Colored Lights CD, the 2 Memory Lane CD if you can find them and you're pretty much set up !!!!!

That's true colored lights, memory lane 1-2  and Z the masked musical cd' s are the only big things missing.

Offline ChrisB

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2017, 01:36:38 AM »
Weill i bought one and even if its 94.99£on the amazon UK website when it came time to check out my order the price lowered to 79.14£ thats a pretty nice saving
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 02:26:20 AM by ChrisB »

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2017, 04:18:07 AM »
The DVDs are region free according to Deb's  instagram.

Never saw the UK version of "Anything Is Possible" and don't  think I've seen the video for the 12"" of "Shake Your  Love" Also only bits of "Tin Pan South" are on YouTube. Unfortunately the Japan concert from  1991 isn't  included, which personally  one of her best from clips I'very seen and also some of her best outfits from that era.

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2017, 05:40:29 AM »
True that the Possibilities Japan Tour concert is another big miss of this box set.

Never saw the AIP UK as well and can't wait. Can't wait also to see what should be a good quality video of One Hand, One Heart !!!

It's by far the best news of the day to know that those DVD are region free, especially since I've completed the order today and also noticed the big rebate, good news !!!

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2017, 04:47:56 AM »
Something else I thought about concerning the DVDs.

It's just that songs from the Live Around The World concert footage are cut off so bad, I certainly hope that they got their hands on the originals and reworked them to take off the interview portions. I know that floating somewhere on Youtube is the complete version of Love Under My Pillow. I always loved Live Around The World but LIYE is cut off badly, Dance To The Music also, EY and we know that the concert starts with Deb behind the scene singing the bridge to Who Loves Ya Baby?.

Boy would I like to get all of that !!! What do you guys think?

Offline Out of the Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2017, 11:28:04 PM »
There's something that I thought of about the DVDs.  If this is intended for the UK then they are in DVD Region 2.  The U.S. and Canada are Region 1.  Unless the discs are multi region formatted they won't play on a Region 1 player.  That's something to consider.

I would like to see the entire "Out of the Blue Tour" released on DVD.  The video that was released in late 1988 was really cut up and about half the show wasn't included.  There was a version intended for industrial release only that had the entire show on it and it's a super rare find.

I'm going to wait for a short time and see if Amazon U.S. lists this.

Offline ChrisB

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2017, 01:20:00 AM »
There's something that I thought of about the DVDs.  If this is intended for the UK then they are in DVD Region 2.  The U.S. and Canada are Region 1.  Unless the discs are multi region formatted they won't play on a Region 1 player.  That's something to consider.

I would like to see the entire "Out of the Blue Tour" released on DVD.  The video that was released in late 1988 was really cut up and about half the show wasn't included.  There was a version intended for industrial release only that had the entire show on it and it's a super rare find.

I'm going to wait for a short time and see if Amazon U.S. lists this.

Its been confirmed by deb and by her PR person(buzz entertainment) on twitter that the dvd are multi region.

Would love to see a full OOTB tour video only saw you tube bootleg footage of red hot and between the lines from that tour

I was pretty surprise to see the deluxe version of  the box set sell out this quickly,you might see the regular version pop up on the amazon us website in the next few weeks, it happened with other UK only box set
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 01:22:57 AM by ChrisB »

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2017, 02:37:26 AM »
The Super Deluxe Edition blog has a few songs that Amazon didn't  list. It appears somewhat legit since Amazon didn't list any bonus tracks for "Think With Your Heart", but only time will tell.

source

"Call Yourself a Lover" and "You Know Me" among bonus tracks for "Think With Your Heart" and "The Last Word" on "MYOB"

« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 02:46:20 AM by Woops »

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2017, 06:38:39 AM »
The Last Word, hmmm, not familiar with that one. Never released before I would say. Can you tell more about it? Now since Try Me is from the same era, it would've been nice to have it as well.

Other than that, I believe You Belong To Me should be on CD7 (M.Y.O.B.), it was release in 1999 when the album was in the works!

One last note ... It's My Girlfriend's Boyfriend, not the other way around! She even takes the time to mention it in the song !!!

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2017, 06:04:51 PM »
One other thing that comes to mind is in regards of the length of some CDs.

Back in 1990, I think the maximum length of a CD was around 75 minutes. Anything Is Possible was over 73 minutes with 16 songs making it impossible to fit Without You. Therefore, another CD had to be inserted in Japan for the over 3 minutes long song.

So I'm wondering if I have missed something over time? How is it possible this time around to fit 18 songs on CD3 (Anything Is Possible) plus ...

CD2 : 18 songs
CD6 : 20 songs
CD10 : 23 songs

Is it a matter of quality or have I really missed something over time?

Offline pattyg_1821

• To calm the restless nights -to kiss my fears away
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2017, 09:56:48 AM »
There are gonna be things missing obviously, there can't be otherwise !

Remember on her Facebook page, a recent video called "Been quietly doing my thang so you all can dance!…" ? Basically, it's her in a studio and we hear a piano song ... It's probably Pop Circus, also the dance track we hear is probably Dance Dance !

If you goto YouTube and type in debbie gibson dance dance you will find her singing live the new song.

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2017, 10:23:02 AM »

I was pretty surprise to see the deluxe version of  the box set sell out this quickly,you might see the regular version pop up on the amazon us website in the next few weeks, it happened with other UK only box set

It's now listed on the US Amazon site  for 143.99 dollars

Offline ChrisB

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2017, 08:03:03 AM »
Its down to 129.95$ now but its still cheaper to order it from the UK  85£ is about 110$