Author Topic: Deb on "Dancing With the Stars"  (Read 534 times)

Offline Woops

• View Profile
Deb on "Dancing With the Stars"
« on: September 06, 2017, 02:33:55 PM »
 Deb is featured  in the upcoming  season of "Dancing with the Stars" (ABC)  on September 18.

source

A source tells ET that the '80s pop icon will be joining the upcoming 25th season of Dancing With the Stars.

The 47-year-old singer is the latest celebrity to compete for the coveted Mirrorball Trophy.

Gibson is a singer-songwriter, best known for her 1987 debut album Out of the Blue and hit singles, "Foolish Beat" and "Lost in Your Eyes." She's also had starring roles on Broadway in Les Misérables, Grease and Beauty and the Beast.

This isn't her first time on reality TV. In 2003, Gibson was a judge on the short-lived American Idol spinoff, American Juniors, she competed on Skating With Celebrities in 2006 and competed on the fifth season of The Celebrity Apprentice.

Contestants for the upcoming 25th season

source
The 25th season of Dancing With the Stars is set to premiere Sept. 18. The complete cast and pairings are listed below.

Barbara Corcoran with Keo Motsepe

Debbie Gibson with Alan Bersten

Derek Fisher with Sharna Burgess

Drew Scott with Emma Slater

Frankie Muniz with Witney Carson

Jordan Fisher with Lindsay Arnold

Lindsey Stirling with Mark Ballas

Nick Lachey with Peta Murgatroyd

Nikki Bella with Artem Chigvintsev

Sasha Pieterse with Gleb Savchenko

Terrell Owens with Cheryl Burke

Vanessa Lachey with Maks Chmerkovskiy

Victoria Arlen with Val Chmerkovskiy
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 01:38:23 AM by Woops »

Offline Out of the Blue

• View Profile
Re: Deb on "Dancing With the Stars"
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 03:35:13 AM »
It's been a while since I was last on here.  Work has been really eating my time but I thought it was about time they had Deb on the show.  I would hate to think that they would have kept her off forever.  That mentioned, I think they both did really well last week and I'm looking forward to tonight's show.

Offline ChrisB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 06:43:16 AM »
Sadly i dont see her doing well at all on the show, i sure hope she does better this week and stays on for a while  but if i was a betting man i would bet on her to get eliminated tonight or tomorrow.

She finished 9 out 13 for week 1

EDIT Happy to see she survived the 1st cut, looks like she finished tied at 8-9-10 /12 this week.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 10:41:11 PM by ChrisB »

Offline Out of the Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 03:42:14 AM »
Right now it seems to be wide open.  There doesn't seem to be a dominate pair.  I've only watched the show a couple of other times before, when Maria Menounos was on and Melissa Rycroft too.  Melissa and Tony were dominate from day one and it was clear they were going to win.  This time I can't tell that there's anybody that's clearly in a class by themselves so I figure that does sort of work to Deb's advantage.  I don't think it hurts, let me put it like that.

Sometimes the scores from the judges raise questions.  It's kind of like the figure skating competitions at the Olympics in that they are inconsistent.  I don't know how many times I've seen a person or couple get really high scores that were unwarranted or get really low scores that you just couldn't figure out why.

Offline Out of the Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 03:53:03 AM »
I have to say that I was really surprised that she and Alan got eliminated last night.  They were better than at least three other couples.  I'm not into conspiracy theories but sometimes things happen that make you wonder.  On these kinds of shows there seems to be always someone that constantly survives and moves on when they shouldn't and someone that gets eliminated way too early.  I can't fault her because I think she did the best she could.  At least she wasn't the first one eliminated or the last one.

Offline ChrisB

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 04:20:30 AM »
Dang it never hated being right so much, i thought she looked so devastated even shocked last night  :'(