Author Topic: Favorite Cartoon/Animated Series (TV/feature films and other stuff)  (Read 174268 times)

Offline Woops

• View Profile
Re: Favorite Cartoon/Animated Series
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 02:29:21 PM »
Duckman featuring Jason Alexander (from "Seinfeld")  as the title character will be released on DVD  8)

Wasn't as popular like "The Simpsons" or "Beavis & Butt-Head", but still is one of the best from the 1990's.

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 08:02:50 AM »
Since It's Donald Duck's 74th birthday...

Facts:

Debut cartoon is  Silly Symphony "Wise Little Hen" (1934) as a supporting player

Though nominated several times, the only Donald Duck cartoon to win an Oscar is the WWII cartoon "Der Fuehrer's Face"

Voiced by Clarence Nash

Girlfriend's name is Daisy and she first appeared in "Don Donald"

Nephews name: Huey, Dewy, and Louie

Middle name is Fauntelroy

Appeared in many films like  "Three Caballeros", "Fun & Fancy Free" and "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?"

Several personal favorite cartoons:

"The Autograph Hound"... Donald tries to get autographs (ie Mickey Rooney, Sonja Henie, Ritz Brothers) and avoids a security gaurd.

"Donald's Crime"... Donald steals his nephews's money to use it for his date with Daisy and ends up feeling guilty.

"Donald Steps Out"... Donald & Daisy swing dances at Daisy's house and the newphews tags along.

"Vanishing Private"... Private Donald gets covered in  invisible paint and heckles sargeant Pete.

"Clown Of The Jungle"... Donald tries to get a picture of the aracuan bird

"Three For Breakfast"... Chip n' Dale tries to steal Donald's pancakes

"Out Of Scale"... Chip n' Dale finds home at Donald's mini-rail road station

"Donald's Dream Voice"... Donald buys pills that changes his voice

"Donald's Double Trouble"... Donald finds a look-a-like and asks him to date Daisy, but he turns out to be interested in her

"Donald's Lucky Day"... message boy Donald has to deliver a suspiscious package in Friday the 13th

"Crazy With The Heat"... Donald & Goofy gets lost in a desert and starts to hallucinate (sp)

"Donald's Dilemma"... more focused on Daisy, which Donald Duck becomes a popular crooner after getting hit with a pot

The fourth edition of the "Walt Disney Treasures: Chronilogical Donald Duck" will be released in this Fall of 2008.

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2008, 01:36:26 PM »
I actually watched a DVD featuring Garfiled tv specials (not confused with the Saturday morning cartoons) that I have never seen. Though I wasn't aware of them until a few years ago except for the Halloween & Christmas specials. The DVD featured three specials with a travel theme, which Garfield, Jon, and Odie went camping, Hawaii, and Hollywood. Actually quite good.

Offline Out of the Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2008, 10:26:19 PM »
I read that cartoon everyday.  It's one of the best ones out there.

Offline Woops

• View Profile
Well, atleast it's not another bad tv movie
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2008, 12:41:27 PM »
Nickelodeon will be showing new episodes of  Amy Poehler's "The Mighty B!" on June 23rd to June 27th at 5:00 PM.

Recently saw the promo of the new episodes, which featured a short clip of Bessie giving toilet paper to Honeybee scout troop leader Mary Francis Gibbons (which she made an embarassing expression) that I found hilarious.

While it's hit or miss, it's actually better than several  (includes both "G" rated & "Adult" animation) television animation I've seen in the past few years that either tries too hard to be funny. The best would either be "Bee Afraid", which is the camping episode, "Woodward & Beesting" (Bessie tries to find out a secret about another scout). The worst probably the rollercoaster episode with a few funny scenes, and "Little Womyn" which appears to be an attempt for a dramatic episode, but didn't work. Many are quite OK and some a bit rushed for 10 minutes.

At first I thought it would be dumb and also watched it because it features the voice of Amy Poehler, which I thought would be one of those bad cartoons from known  celebrities.

The animation reminds me of "Ren & Stimpy" (especially the background), which Bill Wray  also worked on the animation on the show, and also other '90's cartoons like "Dexter's Laboratory".

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2008, 02:02:25 PM »
Favorite Hanna Barbera cartoons:

The Flintstones
Jetsons (Hey, the video phones are now a reality  :D )
Top Cat
Huckleberry Hound
Josie & The Pussycats

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2008, 02:46:17 PM »
The recent episodes of "The Mighty B!" were good, though some episodes aren't for the easily disgusted (though still funny) like "Bee Patients" and the chicken pox episode. :D

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2008, 10:31:44 AM »
The Ralph Bakshi "Mighty Mouse" cartoons are actually good, which John Kricfausi ("Ren & Stimpy" also worked on the series as an animator).  Should be on DVD, though doubt it...

One episode had Mighty Mouse ending up in parodies of other cartoon shows (ie "Flintstones", "Rocky & Bullwinkle", "Ghostbusters", and "Scooby Doo") after some bratty kid started changing the channels.

Though Mighty Mouse sounded a bit like creepy kiddie show host/comedian Pee Wee Herman.

Also watched a clip of "She-Ra: Princess of Power", but quickly left since I couldn't stand the bad voice over and animation.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 10:33:59 AM by Woops »

Offline Out of the Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2008, 10:12:04 PM »
The only "Mighty Mouse" I remember is the original.  It used to come on Saturday mornings.

Offline Out of the Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2008, 10:13:20 PM »
I used to watch "Ren and Stimpy" when it was on and one of the funniest episodes was the one where Stimpy made a cartoon.  He was so proud of it and wanted to show it to the great Wilber J. Cobb, father of animation.  When they finally got to see him he went into some long winded, rambling story about making movies.  "If you want to be a genius, it's simple; just say that everything stinks.  That way you're never wrong.  That's how much of a genius I am.  That's how I got to where I am today."  He was in a mental institution.  That had to have been the most twisted and demented show I've ever seen.

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2008, 11:58:14 PM »
I tend to enjoy the surrealism in the animation with the expressions. My personal favorites would be "Haunted House", where they encounter a ghost that tries to scare them, one where they staged a "cat & mouse" chase, the Christmas episode, the first episode where Stimpy enters a contest to meet Muddy Mudskipper, "Robin Hoek", a Robin Hood parody and others.

Offline Out of the Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2008, 10:10:10 PM »
Those space episodes were funny too.

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2008, 06:31:41 AM »
Tomorrow (October 21, 2008) is the release of the 6th volume of the Looney Tunes Golden Collection.   :D

The final Donald Duck volume from the Walt Disney Treasures set  will be released on November 11th.

Along with a set with Annette Funicello serials from the original "Mickey Mouse Club" (not animated, but Disney Channel used to air them. Typical 50's fare like "Leave It To Beaver".  For fans of  Annette, vintage Disney programming/early tv, or 50's nostalgia).

"Tiny Toon Adventures"  has already been out, though didn't realize until some weeks ago. From two tapes I own, it's OK (the gremlins episode was good), though not enough to know if it stood the test of time or not.   

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2008, 12:06:40 PM »
The 6th volume of the Looney Tunes set comes with a pocket sized version of animation historian Jerry Beck's book  "Looney Tunes: The Ultimate Visual Guide" at Best Buy.

Probably worth getting since I don't have the book, though probably has the same general details seen in animation sites.

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2008, 11:40:51 AM »
Found "Crusader Rabbit" at a dollar store  :D

It was the first television cartoon. Despite it being primitive (ie  limited animation, even more so compared to the 60's), it's from Jay Ward, who later worked on "Rocky & Bullwinkle" & the original "George of the Jungle".