Author Topic: Deborah -Youtube  (Read 252406 times)

Offline pattyg_1821

• To calm the restless nights -to kiss my fears away
    • View Profile
Re: Deborah -Youtube
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2008, 01:48:59 AM »
For those that haven't seen these videos

Reality Remix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0u5AvEvw0I

Total Pop Star on TV Guide Network

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhXKlB09Nas

Camp Electric Youth Interview with Cynthia Bain and Deborah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui9I7tTPGq0

Judges interview by host on Totalpopstar
Deb starts talking about 3:35min
http://www.totalpopstar.com/

Scroll down to where it shows the video in middle of page where Andrea Van Slee is......
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 01:55:23 AM by pattyg_1821 »

Offline Out of the Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2008, 12:27:30 AM »
I remember when Kennedy was on MTV.

Offline pattyg_1821

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2008, 05:19:38 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNSG_zlKaOc

Chula Vista Main Attraction Performs "Electric Youth" 2008
they start dancing to EY at about 40 sec

Offline artsiistra

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2008, 05:35:25 AM »
I've finally caught up with modern times by dumping dial-up for DSL. 

Damn.....what a difference!

When I got to YouTube a couple days ago, I was like a kid in a candy store.  I've never really had cable at home, so I missed out on a lot of music videos to say the least.  The last time I regularly watched videos was Friday Night Videos show (or something like that)...that was back in the late '80's!!

I saw Staying Together for the first time ...what a trip.  Saw a whole bunch of never seen Deb videos.  Even b-sides I've never heard before.  Interviews, too!  I was blown away by all that's on there.

3 thoughts come to mind:

1.  pattyg...what did you think of what that one guy said about Deb's new project in the Naked video?  Think it's true or bs?  I didn't see a response yesterday from him... :-\

2.  Losin Myself was a strong video to go with the catchy song.  Atlantic let a golden opportunity slip through their hands.  What a waste! >:(

On the flip side, someone compared Shock Your Mama to something like Madonna's Erotica stuff.  Maybe the lyrics a little, but the beat definitely sounds like Janet Jackson Rhythm Nation stuff, like Alright song for example. 

3.  Naked...that song threw me for a loop.  Never heard it before...thought it was some dance type song she cooked up to go with the Playboy feature.
It actually is a decent song.  Like someone else said, it needs a little more editing/finishing touches, but it definitely had potential to be a great song.  :)

On the flip side,  Famous sounds like an album track.  Yeah, it's upbeat and danceable for your feet, but it didn't grab me very much.  It's just okay to me.  Not a great single to me...but okay for a freebie  :-\

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2008, 05:56:26 AM »
"Losin' Myself" is probably Deb's most sensual song and one of her best.  8) "Naked" is a good song. Deb is definately among the best pop singer/songwriters, though also the most underrated.

Only if I had been around as a teenager in the 1980's rather than the early part of this decade...

Offline artsiistra

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2008, 06:13:00 AM »
If you had been a teen in the late '80's, you might have caught her live.  I was lucky to see her at Blossom (Cleveland) on the EY tour. 

That has been my one and only chance to see her so far...

I'm a little tempted to see her at Atlantic city...the gas prices kinda suck right now though.  Might be easier to go by flight, budget-wise.

There's always something tempting me.... ;D

Offline Erica

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2008, 07:34:28 AM »
I am from Cincinnati isn't Blossom where that guy from Akron tried too bring a gun into Deb's concert?  I saw Deb at Riverbend the week before. I think that nut was in jail for like 5-6 years and was released in the mid 90's.  The story was big here I remember they did a big piece on it in the newspaper.

Erica

Offline artsiistra

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2008, 06:45:10 AM »
I am from Cincinnati isn't Blossom where that guy from Akron tried too bring a gun into Deb's concert?  I saw Deb at Riverbend the week before. I think that nut was in jail for like 5-6 years and was released in the mid 90's.  The story was big here I remember they did a big piece on it in the newspaper.

Erica

I never heard about that guy before.  I read the reviews of the show in one of the local mags (Scene Magazine), back when they reviewed whoever came to town.  I don't remember seeing any mention of a guy packing heat to the DG concert.  However, there might have been an article in the metro section of the Plain Dealer that week - which I didn't read.

I'm not surprised if it did happen.  Part of the price of fame.  I believe she attracted a few nuts on that tour.  Wasn't there someone on the east coast?  Like New York?

Eh, it's in the past.  Hopefully, that kind of "attraction" stays in the past.

Offline spotlight

• Spotlight
    • View Profile
    • Deborah Gibson's Multiply
Sometimes the light just fades
Yeah, the ball of yarn that just runs out
And you hold on for dear life
Coming from a place of doubt

Offline Out of the Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2008, 11:30:08 PM »
Those are outstanding.  There are some very good fan videos on Youtube.

w0ls0n

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2008, 02:59:43 AM »
If Deb had kids...

I picture her telling them to wait 'til they're adults if they  were to decide to go into showbusiness like Brooke Hogan or Hannah Barbarian.

I don't see why she would even say that to be honest. She started when she was 5 and really started to think professionally when she was 13. I hardly think she would tell her kids "You have to wait until you turn 18 ...." to be a actor/singer/etc. I believe she would let her kids make her own choices just like Debs mom did.

Offline pattyg_1821

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2008, 09:29:09 AM »
Hailey Dibiasi -I Miss You singing at Deborah's house Summer 2008

"I miss you"

Written   by Deborah Gibson and Hailey Dibiasi
Produced by Deborah Gibson and Jeff Timmons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcSxCmfYABE

Offline Erica

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2008, 12:27:13 PM »
After seeing this it reminds me I just started getting Myspace messages Deb's next big project is NYC camp EY.

Erica

Offline A Million Pieces

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2008, 10:35:57 AM »
There is footage of Deb and Diane on YOU TUBE on Robertson Blvd. with Deb going into her Black Mini Cooper and Diane going into her car.

Offline Erica

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2008, 06:01:20 AM »
I thought it was funny how the guy kept bugging her to whom will she vote for.  I could tell she was a little annoyed by them but she played it cool.

Erica