Author Topic: Worst songs of all time  (Read 22211 times)

Offline Woops

• View Profile
Re: Worst songs of all time
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2014, 10:15:30 AM »
Olivia Newton-John "Physical" (1981), it's interesting that it spent 10 weeks at #1, though Top 40 was very much mediocre during the first few years of the decade.

Offline Out of the Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2014, 10:45:57 PM »
I remember back on New Year's Eve in 1989 one of my local radio stations did a countdown of the top 100 songs of the 80s and "Physical" was #1.  I was a little surprised at that.  I figured it could have been in the top 10 but I didn't expect it to be the #1 song considering that the 80s had some huge hits.

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2014, 11:54:28 AM »
Blind Melon "No Rain" (1993)

Honestly more indifferent, though always have found it bland despite that it's considered a "classic" by music critics...

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2015, 09:09:20 AM »
Some powerless rock ballads

Europe "Carrie"
White Lion "When the Children Cry"
Bad English "When I See You Smile"
Winger "Miles Away"
Damn Yankees "High Enough"
Mr. Big "To Be With You"
Aerosmith "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing", which interestingly went to #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 despite they have so much better songs

Offline Out of the Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2015, 11:43:38 PM »
There are times that I wonder if it's a case where the song was really that bad in the first place or did it become bad because it was so obnoxiously over played?  Some songs really weren't that bad but after a while of hearing the song over and over again people just got tired of hearing it and it sort of made them hate the song.  Then again some songs really were bad from day one.

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2015, 05:16:23 AM »
There's few songs I didn't like or cared for  due to overexposure when they were released such as Gnarls Barkely "Crazy", Destiny's Child "Bootylicious", and Black Eyed Peas "Where's The Love" and "Let's Get It Started" but winding up enjoying them later on.

Also "best & worst lists" from magazines, blogs, VH1/MTV, etc. tend to influence people on what they should like or dislike and many tend to be predictable with the content.

Offline Out of the Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2015, 11:40:36 PM »
I remember when the theme song for "Titanic" and "The Bodyguard" came out.  At first they weren't bad songs but after hearing them constantly it got to the point that I would change the station when they came on.  They aren't bad songs but they were ridiculously overplayed.

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2016, 06:35:17 AM »
Taco "Puttin' on the Ritz"

Interesting that the monotonous, boring cover charted in the Billboard Top 10 where there's much better, especially other new wave songs that I was a bit surprised weren't crossover hits such as Bow Wow Wow "I Want Candy" or Modern English "I Melt With You" despite being omnipresent in compilation CDs, films, commercials since the 1990's.

Offline Woops

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2017, 05:19:44 AM »
Right Said Fred "I'm Too Sexy" (1992)

Especially with the Elmer Fudd vocals and the vain lyrics, even if it was intended to be a joke or tounge in cheek.